LaunchBox Community Forums

Auto Generated Playlist - Video Ideas

Hey guys,

hopefully someone can help me with a good Idea. What I want to have are videos for the following Playlists (that work for every system):

All Games

Favorites

2-Player

4-Player

Co-Op

The Best (I do the lists by hand using GameFaqs Ratings 4+ with more than 50 Votes)

Genres

Genre Categories (Action, Adventure, Beat em Up and so on)

I found different videos in the download section but these dont fit my needs. The problem is that they show gameplay. Why show gameplay of a game that isnt on the list. So I wish to create something that could be used for every platform.

For genres I thought of using iconic sences of movies (without audio) with music behind it - but maybe some1 has a better idea?

The bigger problem is - what to do about the others (All Games, Favorites, 2-Player, 4-Player, Co-Op, The Best)?

Really hope I get some input of ideas or maybe some1 allready made something fitting?

Any input would be appreciated

• 4 weeks later...

I think it is a good question.

But reading it I have thought that if you are able to do video...why dont you insert directly the gameplay of your listed games? (you can take gameplay from snap video, cutting it where needed)

There are also some videos (graffiti I think it was called) that shows tons of games and if you take 4 players games...I am sure that you are showing the games that you have, there are not so much famous 4 player games.

And...are you making a playlist that contains games for all platforms or are you making differents playlist for each platform?

Anyway I can try a little answer:
you can create a video where there are rotating logos that splash on geometrich figures.
There is a sega video (for sonic if I remember well) that has a lot of similar effect. You can substitu video snap with logos (2 player- 2 joystick - and so on).
You can take a look also at a video for crash magazins. There are no gameplay and it is very nice! I'd like to have one similar for Zzap! or others magazines, but I am too noob to edit video!
I hope I helped you a little.
Missing video are my damnation....