LaunchBox Community Forums

Bezel issue after upgrade

skunkworks005

I need some help with my launchbox. I have had my arcade cabinet in storage for a year while my house got some work done. When I hooked it back up I decided to update launchbox to current. Everything works ok but I decided to update my rom set from 219 to 240. I downloaded a full .240 non merged set and renamed my old roms folder in my mame folder D:\launchbox\mame and place the 240 roms in its placed named roms(D:\launchbox\mame\roms) I ran the full import tool choosing .240 and running the auto download and import. Once finished everything seems to work except my bezels are now not loading when the game plays. I do see the artwork folder with everything in it. I tried running Bezel project again and that did not help. Before doing all this I made a backup of my entire launchbox folder and restored it back and my bezels showed back up but now Im back to .219. Im trying to figure out what IM doing workgwhen running the mame importer inside launch box thats causing my bezels to not load. I have not touch launchbox in about a year so I have forgotten alot of the ins and outs.

The bezels are not loaded by launchbox. The bezels are loaded through mame. I would start by checking mame artwork paths. Also verify if the bezel folder name matches the mame rom name. Your launchbox might be loading a different rom then what you have the folder name as like Sfiii bezel and Sfiiiu rom. 

Edited by SrfrBoyBobby
Typo of folder name

Thanks I got a better idea of whats going on after digging back into it. my existing mame directory sits in D:\launch\mame thats where my roms and artwork and cfg sit. When I run this new auto full set importer it creates a new directory under emulater called D:\launchbox\emulators\mame .240 and install the new mame there and does not copy the new roms into the rom folder under said new mame folder or any of the artwork. Might just update this a different way.