LaunchBox Community Forums

Having trouble getting games to be "recognized" so artwork is downloaded.

dimforest

Mainly with GBA at the moment. All of my games are imported just fine but artwork isn't being downloaded. I'm guessing (just an assumption) it might have to do with the fact that GBA games have that wonky naming convention where they start with a number first.. like 0001, 0002, etc

I also noticed with some other games on other platforms that the box art will be MOSTLY correct but some games populate with .... well, stuff like this:

image.thumb.png.fd3a13135f5fd522ad098e7867aea12c.png

31 minutes ago, dimforest said:

Mainly with GBA at the moment. All of my games are imported just fine but artwork isn't being downloaded. I'm guessing (just an assumption) it might have to do with the fact that GBA games have that wonky naming convention where they start with a number first.. like 0001, 0002, etc

I also noticed with some other games on other platforms that the box art will be MOSTLY correct but some games populate with .... well, stuff like this:

image.thumb.png.fd3a13135f5fd522ad098e7867aea12c.png

Your issue is the numbers at the start, Launchbox thinks that is part of the game name. Use THIS program to remove them in bulk.

3 hours ago, neil9000 said:

Also i should add you really want the "No-Intro" romsets for cart based systems, not only are they the best sets, they are also the naming standard, like so.

image.thumb.png.2412bafd3af13d2b04d26b286dbe0f4e.png

Hey, thanks for this! I actually have other uses for this now that I have it haha.

And yep, that solved my GBA issue. Do you know what the best way to go about fixing the other minor quirks?