LaunchBox Community Forums

Possible feature request: add MSU1 category to Android version?

borf42

Hi everyone,

I am a longtime fan of Launchbox, very fantastic software. I am using Launchbox on my Retroid Pocket 2+, and there is only small thing I can ask for: Is it possible to add a SNES MSU1 category so I can keep them separate from my normal SNES games? Of course, if I am missing a method to add MSU1 as a separate category, please let me know! 

Please keep up the good work! 

Thanks,

Nate

Edited by borf42
  • Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 7:11 PM, borf42 said:

Hi everyone,

I am a longtime fan of Launchbox, very fantastic software. I am using Launchbox on my Retroid Pocket 2+, and there is only small thing I can ask for: Is it possible to add a SNES MSU1 category so I can keep them separate from my normal SNES games? Of course, if I am missing a method to add MSU1 as a separate category, please let me know! 

Thanks,

Nate

Don't know if this still works, but you used to be able to create an empty file on Android called .nomedia in whatever directory do didn't want the Gallery app indexing. You could at least try this until Jason comes up with something.

• 1 month later...

While I appreciate the comments, I am not having any performance issues with MSU1 on my system. I am simply looking for an added "System" to the LaunchBox menu that would allow me to have a front end for my MSU1 titles. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all,

Thank you so much,

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Launchbox is truly remarkable software, and I have been using it for quite some time. I am currently using Launchbox on my Retroid Pocket 2+, and there is only one small thing I can request: I was wondering if it would be possible to add a SNES MSU1 category, so that I could organise these games in a way that was distinct from the rest of my regular SNES games. Please let me know if I have overlooked a way to add MSU1 as its own distinct category if you discover that I have done so.Launchbox is truly remarkable software, and I have been using it for quite some time. I am currently using Launchbox on my Retroid Pocket 2+, and there is only one small thing I can request: I was wondering if it would be possible to add a SNES MSU1 category, so that I could organise these games in a way that was distinct from the rest of my regular SNES games. Please let me know if I have overlooked a way to add MSU1 as its own distinct category if you discover that I have done so.

• 2 months later...

Launchbox is genuinely striking programming, and I have been involving it for a long while. I'm as of now utilizing Launchbox on my Retroid Pocket 2+, and there is just a single little thing I can ask for: I was contemplating whether it would be feasible to add a SNES MSU1 classification, so I could coordinate these games in a manner that was unmistakable from the remainder of my customary SNES games. If it's not too much trouble, let me know as to whether I have disregarded a method for adding MSU1 similar to possess particular class assuming you find that I have done so.Launchbox is genuinely striking programming, and I have been involving it for a long while. I'm presently utilizing Launchbox on my Retroid Pocket 2+, and there is just a single little thing I can ask for: I was contemplating whether it would be feasible to add a SNES MSU1 classification, so I could coordinate these games in a manner that was particular of my standard SNES games. If it's not too much trouble, let me know as to whether I have disregarded a method for adding MSU1 just like own unmistakable classification in the event that you find that I have done as such.

• 4 months later...
On 2/26/2022 at 5:34 PM, farnandez said:

Don't know if this still works, but you used to be able to create an empty file on Android called .nomedia in whatever directory do didn't want the Gallery app indexing. You could at least try this until Jason comes up with something.

I can say that Launchbox is a great software and it's constantly evolving, so it's possible that MSU1 support may be added in the future. Keep enjoying Launchbox and its features!

Edited by James222

• 6 months later...
On 2/23/2022 at 7:41 PM, borf42 said:

Hi everyone,

Thanks,

Nate

You can create custom playlists for your SNES MSU1 games. These playlists function as a way to group your games based on specific criteria. Even you can consider another way which is to create a custom platform called 'SNES MSU1'. Rather than separating categories, it will separate these games from your regular SNES games in the platform list.