LaunchBox Community Forums

Trouble with masks

curator

3 minutes ago, curator said:

Thanks for replying. I'm trying to get a gradient animation to only affect an area in a rectangle, but the animation also moves the mask.. Can the mask be static somehow?

Still unsure of what exactly you are trying to do, so this will be a shot in the dark.

You are trying to animate a gradient, which I assume has a bunch of colors on it. Not sure where a mask fits into this scenario, but could you just separate the gradient onto another element that the mask isn't on?

Sorry, I didn't see your reply.

Maybe I'm confusing you a bit. Ignore the gradient. Just imagine I have a static image that moves across the screen left to right but I only want it to appear inside that area as it moves through. That's what I thought the mask would do.

20 minutes ago, curator said:

Sorry, I didn't see your reply.

Maybe I'm confusing you a bit. Ignore the gradient. Just imagine I have a static image that moves across the screen left to right but I only want it to appear inside that area as it moves through. That's what I thought the mask would do.

Put both items inside of a container (like a Grid), and turn on "Clip to Region" on the container.