LaunchBox Community Forums

2 minutes ago, Partiesplayin said:

I would like to request someone continue development on the "Movie Scraper Plugin" . Or design a completely new one even if it just scrapes images and info from wikipedia. I would make one but I have no experience with making plugins .

Thank you

To be honest most people dont care, KODI and Plex do a far better job of organizing movies and TV shows than Launchbox could, and both are completely free.

It's probably true . But I do love the idea of having all my media in one application movies/tv shows/games . Don't like the idea of using roundabout ways to get them working together.  Besides I can scrape all the info manually just its a pain. But if someone could or wanted to pick up the project that would be great !!

Edited by Partiesplayin

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/7/2022 at 10:47 AM, neil9000 said:

To be honest most people dont care, KODI and Plex do a far better job of organizing movies and TV shows than Launchbox could, and both are completely free.

Though they are great at what they do, Launchbox can play archived files [temporarily extract] which those don't, and with an extensive enough library, every byte counts. Plus I agree with OP, where having one media launch platform is much more convenient and streamlined, vs multiple programs to access on a media computer. I would love something that pulled from IMDB and/or TheTVDB, even if you had to direct it to the page ie:https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120623/ [A Bug's Life], or just the page key ie:tt0120623

I'm certainly hoping for someone to pick up the project again too!