LaunchBox Community Forums

Transferring from one external to a new one

pickle juice

Hello everyone. I searched through the topics and could quite find exactly what I’m asking, forgive me if this has been asked before. 
I run everything LB/BB from an external drive (1TB,USB 3.0) I plan on transferring everything to an external SSD. My only issue is that all of my rom folders are outside of the LB folder. If I copy my whole external HD to another, will the paths get messed up in LB, or will everything be safe since I am still going to run everything from the external drive? 
I think I saw that as long as the new drive is in the same lettered drive as the old drive, I shouldn’t have to worry about anything. I’m not sure, but I may have an issue down the road if I get a new PC . 

Sounds like you have everything already working on an external drive, so you should be fine moving it to another external drive.

Having the drive letter the same would be useful for a few standalone emulators that require absolute paths. You can test this with your current drive by changing its letter and seeing if any platforms break.