LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox Theme Not Updating

jrusso4587

Hi all,

I recently downloaded the great new Steamy theme and put it in the correct LBThemes folder in my LB directory. However, after selecting it in my options menu under Main Window Theme and restarting, the theme does not change. It only uses the Default theme despite what the options say. I've reconfirmed that the option was changed the tools menu and even see Steamy listed in my Settings.xml file. I've had a forever license since 2016 and the license is in the root folder of my LB install. I've also tried downloading other themes and selecting them and it will only stay on the Default theme even though the theme listed in the options has changed. Finally, I have tried renaming the Steamy theme folder to Default to see if that would change it with no luck. I have previously moved my LB directory from one drive to another with no issues, but I can't see how that would change it. The old directory doesn't exist any longer. Could LB be looking somewhere else for the theme? I am baffled, so any help would be appreciated and let me know if there are any pics I can post that would help with the troubleshooting. Thank you in advance.

Edited by jrusso4587

1 minute ago, jrusso4587 said:

Hi all,

I recently downloaded the great new Steamy theme and put it in the correct LBThemes folder in my LB directory. However, after selecting it in my options menu under Main Window Theme and restarting, the theme does not change. It only uses the Default theme despite what the options say. I've reconfirmed that the option was changed the tools menu and even see Steamy listed in my Settings.xml file. I've had a forever license since 2016 and the license is in the root folder of my LB install. I've also tried downloading other themes and selecting them and it will only stay on the Default theme even though the theme listed in the options has changed. Finally, I have tried renaming the Steamy theme folder to Default to see if that would change it with no luck. I have previously moved my LB directory from one drive to another with no issues, but I can't see how that would change it. The old directory doesn't exist any longer. Could LB be looking somewhere else for the theme? I am baffled, so any help would be appreciated and let me know if there are any pics I can post that would help with the troubleshooting. Thank you in advance.

I'm gonna guess you have extracted everything wrong. look in one of your extracted themes, there should be a bunch of folders and files in there, if you see another single folder with the themes name you extracted the theme wrong by extracting to a folder with the same name, rather than extracting the folder within.