LaunchBox Community Forums

Remove Audited Roms (HOW)

vitorusp

Hi guys! I'm thinking I'm stupidy, but I REALLY don´t know how to work the remove option (Just for Only Duplicate Roms). I want to Launchbox delete AUTOMATICALLY all duplicates roms BUT leave at least one of then.

In the picture bellow, it shows that I have duplicates (for example) of 32 in 1 game. But, I don´t know what files is the duplicates. And when I delete this item, all 32 in 1 game is delete.

image.thumb.png.b16aad1fee9e6dc91eb3aa4f80e20a90.png

Item's can be marked as duplicates for several reasons:

1) You have another game in the same platform by the same name
2) You have another game entry that has the same LaunchBox GamesDatabase ID assigned
3) You have that same file imported elsewhere in your library

It'll be far easier for you to find which case those games fall under if you audit your entire library, and not just the single platform. It WILL take FAR more time for the Audit window to populate because it's being used on your entire library though so be aware before you start down this endeavor. List view can also be used relative quickly (typically far faster than audit) to find out which case is the cause for the duplicate flag as well.

You can't. You manually added the duplicate files, you will need to manually remove them as well. We have no way of knowing automatically which is the one you want to keep and would rather not automatically remove an item you may have intentionally added to your library in the way you did.

Again, the easiest way to find the duplicate is to navigate to the "All" side bar filter to see all your games at once (may need to turn it on via options) and use List View. You can then sort by Launchbox Games Database ID and see if maybe you have the same id assigned to multiple items and remove the entries you don't want. If you don't see any repeats there you could also sort by file in that same view to do the same and see where your duplicate entries are coming from.