LaunchBox Community Forums

launchbox loading screen on 2nd monitor

lunatiq

12 hours ago, lunatiq said:

I have 3 monitors and launchbox seems to load a loading screen on one of them. Anyway to turn this off?

You can turn off the loading screen by going into LaunchBox options, navigate to Gameplay > Game Startup, and unchecking Use Game Startup Screen.

One way I found to change which monitor the startup screen appears on is to go into Big Box, and in the options set the Primary monitor to your preferred one.

However, the issue is that Windows often changes your monitor numbers. Especially with some monitors that disappear from Windows entirely when turned off. The next time they appear they are assigned a different number, which causes issues like these.

Thank you

6 hours ago, faeran said:

You can turn off the loading screen by going into LaunchBox options, navigate to Gameplay > Game Startup, and unchecking Use Game Startup Screen.

One way I found to change which monitor the startup screen appears on is to go into Big Box, and in the options set the Primary monitor to your preferred one.

However, the issue is that Windows often changes your monitor numbers. Especially with some monitors that disappear from Windows entirely when turned off. The next time they appear they are assigned a different number, which causes issues like these.

• Like 1