LaunchBox Community Forums

BigBox Images are distorted

gunnery188

Errors:

• Torn/distorted images in BigBox (Happens for Consoles and Games)
  • Sort Order is not working in BigBox for Consoles under "Platform Categories" - "Consoles" in BigBox (Launch Box these are sorted correctly)

Specifics:

This issue started last night after I changed the Sort Order for my consoles in the "Platform Categories" view.

Solutions I tried:

• In Big Box I went to the Image Caches and refreshed everything
  • Went into Launch box Folder > Images> Cache-BB and deleted the folder (In the folder now are only 4 images (Consoles, Arcade, Handhelds, Windows) this is after I did a refresh in BigBox)
  • Swapped my current theme to a new one
  • Deleted all themes and redownloaded the themes
  • Verified the Images in the folders and they all look good
  • All images look correct in Launch box, only occurring in Big Box

Nothing worked, any ideas?

Big Box Image Issue.PNG

Have you tried another theme to see if you have the issue in another theme as well? I would ASSUME you will but worth checking. At this point I'm not REAL sure what would be causing that. You're the first person I've seen report an image artifact issue like that that WASN'T running that service. I'd make sure your video drivers are up to date as well if you haven't already. WPF (which is what we use to render Big Box) has a DirectX back end it uses to display things so sometimes wonky video drivers can have weird mishaps like that.

Just now, C-Beats said:

Have you tried another theme to see if you have the issue in another theme as well? 

Yes, I deleted all themes, reinstalled the existing themes and two new themes.  The issue continues.

I updated my Nvidia driver to 512.15 which is the March 22nd and newest update.  After the reboot it works again.

The sort order is all messed up though in Big Box compared to Launchbox.  I will refresh the sort orders and see if that fixes it.  Any other ideas?

• 3 months later...
10 hours ago, ArcadeMayhem said:

Hey Gunnery,

I'm having the exact same issues no matter the themes.

Not sure what you mean by "I remove all the Sort Title values".  How did you that exactly?  I can find that anywhere in LB or BB.

Thanks

Screen.thumb.jpg.b70126affda21cb1513d08bb01cce567.jpg

every game can have "Sort Title" assigned to it. this allows you to sort the games by an alternative title that you can assign rather than the normal title.  you will need to go into editing a game or multiple games metadata to see it. if you wanted to remove all sort titles, select the games and then bulk edit their metadata. select the parameter you want to edit, in this case you want sort title, then remove it from all those games

Though your screen shot shows you are having the graphical problems and I imagine a bigger concern than games maybe being out of sequence alphabetically. The other user got it working by updating their GPU drivers. Can you confirm you're on the latest version of your GPU's drivers? As well as making sure that "nahimic" service is not running?

Just took a random pic from google for this (irony is that it's from a post on this forum lol)....here is where sort title is....

image.thumb.png.4eff8eef982cd688162e5b9929eea489.png

Hey skizzosjt,

Thanks for the reply.

In reading the prior posts, I made sure I didnt have the "nahimic" service running.

Im using Intel UHD 770 graphics off the CPU with latest drivers.  I will reinstall those and see.  I have an old nvidia card and will install that to see if the issue persists.  

Hopefully that fixes the issue.

Appreciate the insight.

• 5 months later...

Just had this issue myself.

I  synced my entire Launchbox folder from desktop to laptop and on my laptop I was seeing distorted platform logos.

Manually went into nvidia control panel and added Bigbox and set that to use the "High Performance NVIDIA processor"

Now platform logos show fine.

Tested by forcing back to integrated graphics and confirm the issue came back.