LaunchBox Community Forums

Arcade Stick Recommendation - Hori Rap4

MontyMole

I'm posting this in the 'Troubleshooting' category as a while back I spoke about the difficulty I had with the Mayflash Arcade Stick F300 and how I found it really awkward to set up to play MAME games via Launchbox. Ultimately, I failed. I'm not dissing the Mayflash though. It's a decent entry level arcade stick (£60 or so) and it worked fine via my Steam games etc.

Anyway, to cut a long story short! Last week I splurged on the Hori Rap 4 - at just under £200, a purchase that took me some while to consider, but you know what, it's amazing. Firstly, the fact it has a switch to alternate between PS3, PS4 and PC helps! Because flicking it on to PC mode basically makes it work fully with Launchbox, Steam, Mame and anything else! It's a quality build and has those simple but nice touches such as a compartment at the back of it to store the lead in. 😄 

And the feel of it is amazing. To me, it does feel like the switches and joystick I used as a kid, way, way back in 1983 when I used to stop at the corner shop each morning on my way to school and put all of my lunch money into the Moon Cresta and Lady Bug arcade machines that the tiny shop had!

So, um, basically, my 'troubleshooting solution' to a non working Mayflash in Launchbox was to spend £200 on another stick... 😄 😄 😄 

IMG20220410144424.thumb.jpg.d01bd7d93f5b8389058cbeae38fbaa8f.jpg