LaunchBox Community Forums

crash with Raiden

skz

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/30/2022 at 9:01 AM, skz said:

Version 1.0 and 1.1 crashes when selecting Raiden arcade. It works fine with the 'basic text list' and 'boxes grid' views though.

That's odd. I'm guessing maybe there might be a corrupt image or video download for that game. Can you try deleting all media associated with that game?

On 5/11/2022 at 4:13 PM, Jason Carr said:

That's odd. I'm guessing maybe there might be a corrupt image or video download for that game. Can you try deleting all media associated with that game?

I'm having the same problem. I've repeatedly cleared out ALL media, roms, etc and started over from scratch.

EDIT - Debug log attached. (looks like a bitmap is too large - even though I didn't control where the bitmap came from - I assume it's coming from a launchbox server)

"2022-04-27 04:55:46 PM DISPLAYED EXCEPTION: Canvas: trying to draw too large(127955808bytes) bitmap."

Device - Ayn Odin Pro

OS - Android 10

Debug 2022-04-27 04-54-39 PM.log

Edited by Alumriel
debug log

Every once in a while, I'm right about something. 😃

But you may not have to resize the images, depending on what that person was suggesting on StackOverflow. I don't know what it means to "Move your image in the (hi-res) drawable to drawable-xxhdpi.", but it was suggested as a solution.

Maybe this is also helpful - https://exchangetuts.com/android-canvas-drawing-too-large-bitmap-1639500845290684

Edited by Alumriel

2 hours ago, Alumriel said:

Every once in a while, I'm right about something. 😃

But you may not have to resize the images, depending on what that person was suggesting on StackOverflow. I don't know what it means to "Move your image in the (hi-res) drawable to drawable-xxhdpi.", but it was suggested as a solution.

Maybe this is also helpful - https://exchangetuts.com/android-canvas-drawing-too-large-bitmap-1639500845290684

Yeah, unfortunately it's not possible to move images from the drawable folder to that folder, because they're not included with the application. They're downloaded from the games database, so those folders aren't even relevant. There are a few other things to try in that thread, but unfortunately I'm doubtful that they'll make any difference. Worth a shot though.

21 minutes ago, Jason Carr said:

Yeah, unfortunately it's not possible to move images from the drawable folder to that folder, because they're not included with the application. They're downloaded from the games database, so those folders aren't even relevant. There are a few other things to try in that thread, but unfortunately I'm doubtful that they'll make any difference. Worth a shot though.

Fair enough. Good luck. 😃