LaunchBox Community Forums

Controllers Recognized by LB and BB, but not registering inputs

zap_rowsdower_ftw

Hi all, building a custom cocktail arcade with Windows 10 and LB/BB using 2 bog-standard 0-latency USB encoders from Amazon.  Windows sees them and they work fine, Emulators see them and they work fine.  LB/BB however sees them (they are shown under tools>options>controllers), but allows me limited interaction with them (LB- no inputs work, BB- joystick works but no buttons).  Of course I've tried to reset the mappings and nothing gets recognized. I've tried every iteration of using 1 or both controllers ("Enable Game Controller"), I've clean installed, I've deleted LaunchBox\Data\InputBindings.xml

No luck.  Any paths I have not explored yet?

• 2 weeks later...

If you're talking about encoder like in picture below then I can say it should work because I have one and I used it with LB/BB and Retroarch before I've changed it to Brook UFB. The question is - which connectors are you using because this is important how RetroArch detects it? I've uploaded some pics found on Internet (it's important to connect select and start button, I also suggest connecting mode button to be able to switch between "analog" and d-pad). I also tried to get it to work with my Xbox One S through Brook Wingman XB adapter but it was partially working (worked just for a few seconds then was no response). The issue you have might be related to RetroArch controller config rather than LB/BB. You can update controler database in RetroArch (Main menu -> Online updater -> Update controller profiles  then go to Settings -> Input,  try to set in configuration the one that will work for you and don't forget to map the buttons in Settings -> Input -> Port 1 controlls. Too bad I can't give you my working configuration because I don't have it anymore after changing the encoder. BTW some say that two idencital encoders might have the same ID's in Windows and that can cause problems with 2 player games, there was a solution for it on the Internet but I don't have a link to it.

You can also try to search for retroarch autoconfig topics over Internet to force RetroArch to always detect exact controller driver from autoconfig subfolder.

Screenshot 2022-05-14 at 16-04-43 r_fightsticks - What platforms does the generic zero delay USB encoder you see everywhere work on.png

arcade_stick_encoder_ps3.png

arcade_stick_encoder2_ps3.png

Edited by TommyTomorrow