LaunchBox Community Forums

Xbox 360 won't load

echoparkbaby

I just cleaned up all images in my XBOX 360 platform. I was editing the XML file to get rid of "DVD1" from titles so it could more easily scan for media. But now when I click on rom, it opens Xenia for a brief second, then closes it. I tried re-adding my emulator, but that didn't fix it.

Xenia loads roms outside of launchbox without issue.

Anyone know how I should go about troubleshooting?

Edited by echoparkbaby

You can easily test to see if your messing around in the xml caused the issue.

1. Remove that Xbox 360 xml file you edited. Do not delete it just move it out of the \Data\Platforms folder.

2. Go into your backups folder and open one of the zipped backup files from before you edited the xml. in the \Data\Platforms folder copy the unedited Xbox 360 xml file from there into your \Data\Platform folder where you removed the edited one. 

Make sure you do all this while LB is closed. It will not work if you do this with LB open.

Then reopen LB and see if your games work again. If it does you know somewhere your edits messed up the platform.

10 minutes ago, echoparkbaby said:

Thanks. Just tried this from a backup and am getting the same result. Xenia launches, then closes. Any other suggestions?

Double check the games still run directly in Xenia and if so. I would start taking a look at just one game in LB and also double checking your emulator setting.

Right click and edit the game.

In the launching section make sure it is pointing to the actual game file and the path did not get altered.

In the emulation section make sure it is still linked to your emulator of choice.

Then edit the emulator in LB and just confirm that in the Associated platforms tab the exact name of your Xbox 360 platform is listed.

I appreciate the help.

I tried all of this and it still opens/closes.

Is there a way to wipe out Xbox 360, but keep my xml changes?

I'd like to delete the platform, then re-add with just one rom and test.

Then should this work, I'll append the other entries from the old XML. what do you think about that?

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...