LaunchBox Community Forums

Trouble updating metadata and media with N64 roms

leins

Hello!

I just downloaded some n64 roms and imported them into Launchbox. Everything works good, but I can't get any media for the files. 

The roms are labeled 1-101 as these are the 101 most "popular" n64 games. Could this be the problem? For example Mario Kart 64 is named "06. Mario Kart 64". 

-Steffen

1 hour ago, leins said:

Hello!

I just downloaded some n64 roms and imported them into Launchbox. Everything works good, but I can't get any media for the files. 

The roms are labeled 1-101 as these are the 101 most "popular" n64 games. Could this be the problem? For example Mario Kart 64 is named "06. Mario Kart 64". 

-Steffen

Yes. LB is not going to find games with that type of naming. It does not know to exclude the "06. ". If the numbers were in brackets () LB would remove that to better match the games in our DB. Poorly named rom sets like this are always problematic.

Rename the roms to remove that naming style or get a better named rom set like No-Intro.