LaunchBox Community Forums

LaunchBox displaying images from wrong region.

scoobymcsnack

LaunchBox is downloading/displaying images from the wrong region. For example, a couple of N64 games were displaying the Japanese logo (such as Banjo-Kazooie, Yoshi's Story) rather than the English logo, and didn't even have the English logo downloaded until I manually downloaded it from the database. How can I fix this?

It essentially comes down to the LaunchBox database not having the region for the image type you are looking for, so it ends up downloading what it can.

In the case of something like "Banjo-Kazooie". Let's say you have a ROM that is denoted as USA, it will try and find a match for the North American region image type for clear logo. If you check our database, we only seem to have clear logos for the Japan and World regions.

So the solution is to make sure there is a clear logo uploaded to the database that has the region you are looking for.

If you'd like to contribute, you can make an account here: https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/account/

5 hours ago, faeran said:

It essentially comes down to the LaunchBox database not having the region for the image type you are looking for, so it ends up downloading what it can.

In the case of something like "Banjo-Kazooie". Let's say you have a ROM that is denoted as USA, it will try and find a match for the North American region image type for clear logo. If you check our database, we only seem to have clear logos for the Japan and World regions.

So the solution is to make sure there is a clear logo uploaded to the database that has the region you are looking for.

If you'd like to contribute, you can make an account here: https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/account/

Ohhhh okay, that makes sense. So this would also be able to be fixed by selecting "World" as one of my priority regions.

4 minutes ago, scoobymcsnack said:

Ohhhh okay, that makes sense. So this would also be able to be fixed by selecting "World" as one of my priority regions.

It checks your ROM file for what region it is. Region Priority wouldn't currently factor into this.

You would have to change the region of the game, but more importantly, fleshing out the database would help future us.