LaunchBox Community Forums

Flycast - Unhandled SH4 exception

Jarhog

I have been trying to play House of the Dead 2 (European version) on Flycast, but every time I try to play it gets to the BIOS start-up and then crashes with an "unhandled SH4 exception" and closes the game. This occurs on both the RetroArch core and the standalone version (I have also tried it on Redream to no avail, and it also crashed the emulator with no error message displayed)

I have tried using the Dynarec and interpreter modes in the standalone version as well as switching graphics modes from Vulkan to GL with both the standalone and Retroarch core, but it still ended up crashing the emulation.

Is this game currently unplayable or is there a specific set of options I need to set?

31 minutes ago, Jarhog said:

I have been trying to play House of the Dead 2 (European version) on Flycast, but every time I try to play it gets to the BIOS start-up and then crashes with an "unhandled SH4 exception" and closes the game. This occurs on both the RetroArch core and the standalone version (I have also tried it on Redream to no avail, and it also crashed the emulator with no error message displayed)

I have tried using the Dynarec and interpreter modes in the standalone version as well as switching graphics modes from Vulkan to GL with both the standalone and Retroarch core, but it still ended up crashing the emulation.

Is this game currently unplayable or is there a specific set of options I need to set?

Have you tried another rom? There are bad roms all over the internet. I have the USA version and it works just fine in Redream and Flycast in Retroarch.

1 minute ago, Jarhog said:

I have tried Chu Chu Rocket (European version) and that works fine.

No i mean another House of the Dead 2 rom, could be the one you have is bad, in fact that sounds highly likely if other games work and that specific one doesnt.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, It appears I have been rash.

I got my brother to clean up the disk and tried re-dumping the disks.

After a few attempts, this ended up working. So it seems I should have checked if the disc was as clean as possible first.

I will happily take the L on this.