LaunchBox Community Forums

Horizontal Flip or Cube Transition

There is a setting in BB for videos to do a Horizontal Flip or Cube transition when navigating. It only flips one way though. I have seen themes that will flip an object two ways depending on the direction you navigate, even the default theme does it. How would I implement that into a theme I created in CTC that could still be edited in CTC?

I don't see a simple way to accomplish this in CTC, thought maybe I could do a hybrid like @faeran did with Retrofresh with the notes in the horizontalgameview.

All replies appreciated

Edited by The Papaw

23 hours ago, The Papaw said:

There is a setting in BB for videos to do a Horizontal Flip or Cube transition when navigating. It only flips one way though. I have seen themes that will flip an object two ways depending on the direction you navigate, even the default theme does it. How would I implement that into a theme I created in CTC that could still be edited in CTC?

I don't see a simple way to accomplish this in CTC, thought maybe I could do a hybrid like @faeran did with Retrofresh with the notes in the horizontalgameview.

All replies appreciated

This is not a CTC feature, this is just a general user setting in Big Box using the transitionpresenter. There are a number of transitionPresenter elements that can be used in a Big Box theme, and when used, a user has the ability to change what kind of transition will be shown for that element. The CTC can only use 1 of these transition elements by default (the video element). Others would have to be added via source code, and even others (like the game details view element), need to come with a separate xaml file you'll have to code yourself and include with the CTC files.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, faeran said:

This is not a CTC feature, this is just a general user setting in Big Box using the transitionpresenter. There are a number of transitionPresenter elements that can be used in a Big Box theme, and when used, a user has the ability to change what kind of transition will be shown for that element. The CTC can only use 1 of these transition elements by default (the video element). Others would have to be added via source code, and even others (like the game details view element), need to come with a separate xaml file you'll have to code yourself and include with the CTC files.

I was thinking I would have to use a user source code in CTC somehow to accomplish it. That is what I thought you did., I just don't know the code.

I kinda borrowed some of what you did in Retrofresh to accomplish it, if that's okay?

16 hours ago, The Papaw said:

I was thinking I would have to use a user source code in CTC somehow to accomplish it. That is what I thought you did., I just don't know the code.

I kinda borrowed some of what you did in Retrofresh to accomplish it, if that's okay?

Sure, they are also all available in the default theme.

• Thanks 1