LaunchBox Community Forums

Xbox Elite 2 Controller | Joysticks not working with LauncBox

eraserhead3k

HI Folks,

Just got Launchbox working on my PC. The only issue I seem to face is the joysticks on my bluetooth XBOX Elite 2 Controller are not responding on any game. However, the D-Pad works. Any suggestion or fix for this? thanks in advance :)

Edited by eraserhead3k

1 minute ago, eraserhead3k said:

HI Folks,

Just got Launchbox working on my PC and got most of my emulation running.  The only issue I seem to face is the joysticks on my bluetooth XBOX Elite 2 Controller are not responding on any emulator or game. However, the D-Pad works. Any suggestion or fix for this? thanks in advance :)

OK, well that is nothing to do with Launchbox as we do not do anything at all with emulators other than start them. To your issue though, most emulators will not use analogue sticks by default as most systems didn't have any prior to the N64/PS1 era, so they are dpad only. Some emulators will let you use the stick, but it will just act like a dpad so isn't worth it in my opinion, dpad games should be played with a dpad. Retroarch specifically has a setting to mimic the dpad on a left stick that you can enable in its controller settings.

2 minutes ago, neil9000 said:

OK, well that is nothing to do with Launchbox as we do not do anything at all with emulators other than start them. To your issue though, most emulators will not use analogue sticks by default as most systems didn't have any prior to the N64/PS1 era, so they are dpad only. Some emulators will let you use the stick, but it will just act like a dpad so isn't worth it in my opinion, dpad games should be played with a dpad. Retroarch specifically has a setting to mimic the dpad on a left stick that you can enable in its controller settings.

Thank you for the swift reply. Whoop, I edited the original so there is no confusion. I will look in to your suggestion. Thanks again.