LaunchBox Community Forums

RPCS3: Is the Title "EBOOT" mandatory for games? Yes alone- no through LB?

I renamed all the "eboot" titles with the correct title- then loaded the bins with the correct title into LB. Oddly enough, rpcs3 works perfectly when I launch them though LB and will not work through rpcs3 itself (I get a "no bootable content" error on every game. Any ideas why this might be?

What do you mean with "correct title"? EBOOT.BIN it's the correct name for all the executables of every PS3 game. As a rule of thumbs you should never rename anything. That way, you'll save yourself a lot of headaches like the one you're having right now.

In your case, you could try instead of renaming the eboot.bin, making a copy and renaming it as the correct title. That way RPCs3 won't throw an error when launching from the gui.

Edited by Suhrvivor

That's cause RPCS3 can launch games from a file or from a folder, when doing the latter it expects an eboot.bin file inside the game's folder.

If you have two files, one named eboot.bin and another bin file named as whatever you want it should work both ways.