LaunchBox Community Forums

Retroarch & Launchbox...closing when I lock the screen?

8bitp1xelz

If I use Retroarch through Launchbox, everything works fine other than when I lock my device with a game running, Retroarch is put in the background & the game is closed, resulting in it restarting when I bring Retroarch back up from idle.

If I use Retroarch standalone, it doesn't do this...

Is there a fix for this? It's not a huge huge deal, but I do like to be able to lock my device by hitting the power button to 'pause' something I'm playing so I can quickly go back to it later.

Thanks for any help provided!!

Edit: Would also like to add that I turned off battery optimization for both Retroarch and Launchbox and it didn't seem to help.

Edited by 8bitp1xelz

Thanks for the report. We changed the way we launch RetroArch for the 1.2 release in order to fix the issue of launching a game after a previous game was launched and RetroArch hasn't exited (it would just show the previous game instead of the newly launched game). It sounds like this is a side effect of that. I'll probably add an option in the emulator settings to choose which functionality you want for the next release.