LaunchBox Community Forums

Supported Emulators List

goldielocks

Is there a way to find out what specific emulators Launchbox supports for each system? You are currently not presented with an option to select an emulator until the games have been added and the emulated system is selected. This is just plain awkward in my opinion.

As i tend to prefer standalone emulators, it would be good to know in advance if my chosen emulator is supported by Launchbox or not as well as knowing the other emulators supported for each system in advance.

8 hours ago, goldielocks said:

Is there a way to find out what specific emulators Launchbox supports for each system? You are currently not presented with an option to select an emulator until the games have been added and the emulated system is selected. This is just plain awkward in my opinion.

As i tend to prefer standalone emulators, it would be good to know in advance if my chosen emulator is supported by Launchbox or not as well as knowing the other emulators supported for each system in advance.

To be honest, at least on Android, you're shooting yourself in the foot by choosing not to use RetroArch. Some of the best emulation and features are only available in RetroArch on Android, and it's super easy at this point.

That said, you do make a fair point. We don't have details on supported emulators listed anywhere, and it would be good to have.

I've just had too too many time consuming bad config experiences using android in the years gone by for retroarch that have made me switch to stand alone apps & left me with a deep resentment for android that will probably never leave me. There just always seem to be some problem that ALWAYS rears it's ugly head using android in my experience. Sigh...

You're probably right about retroarch. I'll check out some vids...

Edited by goldielocks