LaunchBox Community Forums

Error window appears when I open LaunchBox (first time)

Alexopfpz

ok so, I have no idea what to do: I have just downloaded LaunchBox and when I try to open it it gives an error window that says "to run this application, you must install .NET Core. The framework 'Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App', version '3.1.0' was not found. Would you like to download it now?" and clicking "yes" brings you to the website to download .NET Core, but after installing this and doing everything it still gives the same error, so I'm assuming it has to do with this Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App thing tha I apparently don't have, but I have literally no idea what to do. I've read people having the same problem on Linux, but I have a Windows 10 pc so I'm completely lost, please help.

Sounds like you have a corrupted install. Open Add/Remove Programs and look for a entry that reads similar to "Microsoft .Net Core 3.1 Desktop Runtime" and remove it (really can probably remove anything that says Microsoft .NET Core just to be safe. Then navigate to https://dotnet.microsoft.com/en-us/download/dotnet/3.1 and download the x64 desktop runtime (should be middle item in the right column) and install it. Then restart your computer and you should be good to go.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, C-Beats said:

In Windows Add/Remove Programs tool. Can just type it in Windows search bar and it'll show up. Is also found in Control Panel.

yeah found it right afterwards sorry lol thank you so much I'll let you know if it works