LaunchBox Community Forums

Showing a snapshot instead of a video in a view (Big Box). Is it possible?

Jav1

I'm using the 'Unified' theme. I'm also using the vertical wheel view for both platform and games. Once I choose a game from the wheel I can see the trailer and the 3D box which is ok. But when I press enter (or the gamepad button) I see the 2D box of the selected game with the menu on the right (play, launch emulator, view back box, etc) and the trailer again. Is it possible to replace the trailer in this view with a snapshot?

I know if the game has no videos then it loads the snapshot instead but if it has a video then snapshots are not shown. Any way to solve this?

I'm using Launchbox 12.12.

Thanks.

Edited by Jav1

• Jav1 changed the title to Showing a snapshot instead of a video in a view (Big Box). Is it possible?

Sounds like you want to make it so when you enter into a game details page, you see a screenshot of the game instead of it playing a video. You can do this, but it would require that you edit the theme you are using.

Custom themes are created by community members, and if you are wanting to change the intended behavior of them, you would have to dive into the custom theme's code and replace the necessary parts to do what you want it to do.

In your case, you would have to dive into the TextGamesView.xaml file and replace the code that deals with playing videos with screenshot images.

2 hours ago, faeran said:

Sounds like you want to make it so when you enter into a game details page, you see a screenshot of the game instead of it playing a video. You can do this, but it would require that you edit the theme you are using.

Custom themes are created by community members, and if you are wanting to change the intended behavior of them, you would have to dive into the custom theme's code and replace the necessary parts to do what you want it to do.

In your case, you would have to dive into the TextGamesView.xaml file and replace the code that deals with playing videos with screenshot images.

Yes, I want just that. I already discovered the TextGamesView.xaml seems to be the view I need to modify to achieve this but I don't know exactly what I should change. I think the part of code that loads the video is:

<!-- VIDEO -->
			<transitions:TransitionPresenter Grid.Column="1" Grid.Row="1" Grid.RowSpan="4" TransitionSelector="{Binding ImageVideoTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding ImageVideoView}" IsContentVideo="true" Panel.ZIndex="4" />

However I don't know how to replace that portion of code so it loads a snapshot of that game (game title snapshot) instead of the video.

UPDATE: I attach the original TextGamesView.xaml

TextGamesView.xaml

Edited by Jav1

37 minutes ago, Jav1 said:

Yes, I want just that. I already discovered the TextGamesView.xaml seems to be the view I need to modify to achieve this but I don't know exactly what I should change. I think the part of code that loads the video is:

<!-- VIDEO -->
			<transitions:TransitionPresenter Grid.Column="1" Grid.Row="1" Grid.RowSpan="4" TransitionSelector="{Binding ImageVideoTransitionSelector}" Content="{Binding ImageVideoView}" IsContentVideo="true" Panel.ZIndex="4" />

However I don't know how to replace that portion of code so it loads a snapshot of that game (game title snapshot) instead of the video.

UPDATE: I attach the original TextGamesView.xaml

TextGamesView.xaml 18.17 kB · 1 download

Replace that with something like this:

<Image Grid.Column="1" Grid.Row="1" Grid.RowSpan="4" Source="{Binding Path=ActiveGame.ScreenshotImagePath}" Panel.ZIndex="4" />

This will also replace the video for the text games view, if you use that instead of one of the wheel views.

Also note, you can find other image bindings that you can use in the Documentation.pdf file, located in your LaunchBox\Themes folder.