LaunchBox Community Forums

Issues extracting psx games

GavinZX

2 hours ago, GavinZX said:

Howdy everyone. Using the beta build of launchbox. Cannot get psx games to unzip when launching. The bar barely moves and launch box goes unresponsive. Android using my Odin. Thanks for your help!

There is a known issue on some devices where large archives (pretty much any disc-based format) do not extract properly. Our apologies for this issue; it's on our list to fix. Regardless, we don't recommend extracting disc-based formats anyways, because it's bound to be a fairly slow process on Android devices.

We did add a new feature to the Export to Android process on LaunchBox for Windows to optionally extract archives for you, so there's that.

Beyond that, the best format to use for PS1 currently is CHD, which is a compressed format that can be read directly by the emulator.

17 hours ago, Jason Carr said:

There is a known issue on some devices where large archives (pretty much any disc-based format) do not extract properly. Our apologies for this issue; it's on our list to fix. Regardless, we don't recommend extracting disc-based formats anyways, because it's bound to be a fairly slow process on Android devices.

We did add a new feature to the Export to Android process on LaunchBox for Windows to optionally extract archives for you, so there's that.

Beyond that, the best format to use for PS1 currently is CHD, which is a compressed format that can be read directly by the emulator.

Just now, GavinZX said:

Thanks Jason. Much appreciated!

could you tell me more about the export to android on launchbox for windows? Does that keep them permanently extracted?

any tips on converting 400gbs of zip to chd? Lol 

I tried to quote you originally whoops hope you see this friend 

On 6/24/2022 at 9:07 AM, GavinZX said:

Thanks Jason. Much appreciated!

could you tell me more about the export to android on launchbox for windows? Does that keep them permanently extracted?

any tips on converting 400gbs of zip to chd? Lol 

@Jason Carr thank you sir any help is appreciated 

• 2 weeks later...