LaunchBox Community Forums

MAME - play button does nothing

XERXES_II

6 hours ago, XERXES_II said:

New LB user.  When I click play nothing is happening.  For testing purposes, I have a copy of only MSPACMAN in both Games\Arcade and Mame\roms.  Mame does start the game from the command line.

If the game runs in Mame but not through LB then you likely have a set-up issue in LB.

Since you have the rom in 2 locations which rom location is LB pointing to? If it is pointing to the one in Games/Arcade and you did not tell Mame (you did not set that rom path in Mame) than Mame will not be able to launch the game.

And if you right click a game > Edit > Edit Metadata/Media > Emulation tab, does the emulator name exactly matches with the name with which you set up Mame in LaunchBox?

87953042_Schermopname(97).thumb.jpg.47995d271d23310db8117e3b59d3bce2.jpg

1302406487_Schermopname(98).thumb.jpg.77f72a51a9f2da3b523a4cad9ab02a83.jpg

And while you're at it, double check if the path to mame.exe is absolutely correct. Sometimes people have multiple copies / versions of Mame and inadvertently point to the wrong mame.exe.

Edited by Your Friendly A.I Overlord

Thanks, problem resolved from your clue about the Launching screen.

When I was moving files around Windows created a mspacman-01.  LB had that file name in Launching and I had already renamed it back to mspacman.

I emptied the rom folder completely, had LB do a scan for removed ROMS to set it back to nothing, put the rom back into the folder, then closed and relaunched LB so it did a fresh scan. 

• Game On 1