LaunchBox Community Forums

Can we create "buttons" for custom navigation?

Arcanthur

Is there any way we can create buttons, or links to open specific portions of a theme?  Such as press up or down to highlight a button to open the settings menu, or go directly to the platform list?  Sorry if it's been addressed before, as I was trying to find a theming Wiki to see if there was something to reference but I couldn't find anything.

4 hours ago, C-Beats said:

To do this you would need to create a theme element plugin and intercept the key presses using the plugin to do what you were wanting. It definitely isn't any easy thing to do well, but is possible.

I was afraid that would be the case.  Unfortunately that kind of thing is beyond my scope, so unless somebody wants to partner up and help make my theme a bit more unique / feature rich, then I'll just be doing a more basic version.