LaunchBox Community Forums

CefSettings.BrowserSubprocessPath not found.

MarvRetro

Launchbox crashes on startup, anyone know how to fix this?

CefSettings.BrowserSubprocessPath not found.

App:     
Version: 12.13
Type:    System.IO.FileNotFoundException
Site:    Boolean Initialize(CefSharp.CefSettingsBase, Boolean, CefSharp.IApp)
Source:  CefSharp.Core

at CefSharp.Cef.Initialize(CefSettingsBase cefSettings, Boolean performDependencyCheck, IApp cefApp)
   at CefSharp.Cef.Initialize(CefSettingsBase cefSettings, Boolean performDependencyCheck, IBrowserProcessHandler browserProcessHandler)
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.App.PrintExporter(Object , Boolean , Object )
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.App..ctor()
   at Unbroken.LaunchBox.Windows.BigBox.BigBoxProgram.Main()

Recent Log:

22:42:23 Exception

Hi, I have the same issue and it's caused by the Anti-Virus quarantining "CefSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe" because it detects it as having "IDP.Generic". I am assuming this is a false positive, but it would be great if someone can confirm this. I use AVG and I have sent it to be reviewed for false positives and can update this once I get a response.  

• Thanks 1

Yes, it's definitely a false positive. AVG is apparently even now reporting something as popular as Chromium (an open source version of Chrome) as a virus. To be honest guys, your best bet is to uninstall AVG and just use the built-in Windows Defender. AVG has no incentive to actually get things right, so they don't bother to make sure that they're not falsely identifying viruses. It's the same with all of the other third-party anti-virus solutions. AVG tends to be one of the worst though.