LaunchBox Community Forums

Bigbox graphical problems

iandmr

Hi all. I've installed windows 11 on my PC recently and a fresh install of launchbox 12.14. I uninstalled the previous version of launchbox and deleted the folder. I decided to start again.

I have imported one game for the Atari 2600 and in bigbox there are big graphical issues in the menus. Large artifacts of menu items appear and disappear and menu items completely disappear sometimes. Imported videos are flickering terribly in the default theme too. to be honest even in launchbox the OK and cancel buttons seems to gain blue graphical glitches as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have another PC with launchbox installed and bigbox and everything works fine.

This sounds like you have a service called "nahimic" running. If you open up Task Manager and look in the services tab, can you look for this service and disable it if it's on? Then restart Big Box and everything should appear normal. If you cannot find it I'd look to see if you have any Realtek program running, they typically use that service (or one like it) and closing it could also potentially correct the issue. Basically they are injecting themselves into the GPU buffer and touching stuff they shouldn't be and it breaks WPF applications.