LaunchBox Community Forums

HDR setting

Sbaby

Hi, Retroarch and almost all emulators work fine with HDR enabled in Windows 11, but some emulators when launched cause HDR to be deactivated and not reactivated when returning to Launchbox. Other emulators only cause a Windows HDR brightness reset and I have to change it every time I start one of these emulators

Retroarch with Nintendo 64

Retroarch with Vectrex

Retroarch with 3DS

Xemu

Rpcs3

Ryujinx

Yuzu

Future Pinball

----

Advice?

Edit : Cemu works with HDR.! 

Is Yuzu that doesn't work

Edited by Sbaby

3 hours ago, Sbaby said:

Retroarch and almost all emulators work fine with HDR enabled in Windows 11, but some emulators when launched cause HDR to be deactivated and not reactivated when returning to Launchbox.

I do the opposite. I have the windows desktop in SDR and toggle HDR on for games and emulators that natively support HDR or work fine with Windows AutoHDR. You can manually toggle HDR on or off with the keyboard shortcut Win + Alt + b or use this shortcut in an AutoHotKey script.

SendInput #!b

1 hour ago, Your Friendly A.I Overlord said:

I do the opposite. I have the windows desktop in SDR and toggle HDR on for games and emulators that natively support HDR or work fine with Windows AutoHDR. You can manually toggle HDR on or off with the keyboard shortcut Win + Alt + b or use this shortcut in an AutoHotKey script.

SendInput #!b

my main problem is that starting these games reset windows hdr brightness leaving hdr on. Also I would like all retroarch cores to work in hdr, some don't work instead

4 minutes ago, Sbaby said:

Also I would like all retroarch cores to work in hdr, some don't work instead

RetroArch itself supports HDR with a HDR toggle in its menu. Else you can try changing settings like the render API (Opengl, Directx, Vulkan) or change the fullscreen mode (exclusive fullscreen or windowed fullscreen).

But as I said. HDR does not work consistently on windows for every game or program. IMO it's better to set your desktop to SDR and only enable HDR for games that work fine with it.

16 hours ago, Your Friendly A.I Overlord said:

RetroArch itself supports HDR with a HDR toggle in its menu. Else you can try changing settings like the render API (Opengl, Directx, Vulkan) or change the fullscreen mode (exclusive fullscreen or windowed fullscreen).

But as I said. HDR does not work consistently on windows for every game or program. IMO it's better to set your desktop to SDR and only enable HDR for games that work fine with it.

I prefer to always keep it on. I have 2000 Windows games and emulators and only the ones mentioned have problems. Anyway thanks for your advice, I'll try and then I'll let you know