LaunchBox Community Forums

Broken search function in some Big Box themes?

Rez_Box34

I've noticed several Big Box themes like "Unified" and "City Hunter 2" have a broken search function making them unusable for me since I have so many games and roms that I need to search for them individually. When I go to the search function, the menu can't be moved nor any letter can be highlighted. This doesn't happen in all themes since I just tried out the "default" one and the "bartop" one and the search function works as intended. Any possible solution to this?

14 hours ago, Rez_Box34 said:

I've noticed several Big Box themes like "Unified" and "City Hunter 2" have a broken search function making them unusable for me since I have so many games and roms that I need to search for them individually. When I go to the search function, the menu can't be moved nor any letter can be highlighted. This doesn't happen in all themes since I just tried out the "default" one and the "bartop" one and the search function works as intended. Any possible solution to this?

It's a remnant of an old keyboard view file.

Deleting the keyboard view file for those problematic themes should solve your issue with them.

You can find it in:

• LaunchBox\Themes\[theme name]\Views\KeyboardView.xaml

On 8/30/2022 at 7:56 AM, faeran said:

It's a remnant of an old keyboard view file.

Deleting the keyboard view file for those problematic themes should solve your issue with them.

You can find it in:

• LaunchBox\Themes\[theme name]\Views\KeyboardView.xaml

Thank you and sorry for the late reply! I'll try doing that and report back. I also noticed that switching back and forth from a theme with a working search function and another theme with a broken one seems to kinda fix it, since the theme with the broken search gets to keep the working keyboard search. It's weird I know, but it works.

Edited by Rez_Box34