LaunchBox Community Forums

BUG: Gameplay video still in Platform views

Bawnanable

Hi there!

First of all, I just wanted to say fantastic job on Launchbox for Android-- I absolutely love it!!

I do apologise if this issue has been brought up before, but for my Platform views I'm using 'Wheel with details' with background videos and use various themes that generally use Emumovies gameplay videos within my game views. Now, about 25% of the time when I back out of my game view I get a still frame of the video embedded on my Platform view with no way to get rid of it until closing it. (See attached)

Is there anything I could do to resolve this issue, or is it more of an internal bug?

Thanks again!

Screenshot_20220910-121013.png

Having used the theme a little more, I'd probably say it happens around 10% of the time now when backing out of a game list view.

I can only seem to replicate the issue using 'Wheel with Details' and 'Text List with Details'-- so it may be any theme that utilizes a full video background?

Oh, and I'm using an Odin (Lite) on Android 11. Thanks for responding Jason!

Screenshot_20220916-202301.thumb.png.59fc2cba584f0054949773a4f15d8fff.png

• 1 month later...

I'm curious to know if anybody else has this issue, or am I just one of the few that uses Launchbox in this particular way?

Every time I want to show off my set-up to someone, this always happens to me and it's pretty dang ugly. Please see attached for a video example; would love it if anyone would be able to help out with this issue or even suggest a fix?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm not positive, but I think issue might be specific to the Odin Lite. I say that because I've never seen it on any of the devices that I have, and it's never been reported by anyone else, so I assume it must somehow be specific to that device. I know that we have lots of users on the regular Odin and they haven't been reporting that issue, so I assume it's only the Lite, but I can't say for certain. Unfortunately I think we would need to get a hold of one before we would be able to fix the issue (or determine if it's fixable or not).

Oh man, that's legitimately disappointing...

Thanks so much for checking-in though Jason. I have actually figured out another step to the problem if it helps at the very least.

I went and tested it on the only other Android device I have (Google Pixel 6) and I couldn't replicate the issue at all. Seeing it on a different device got me thinking about the different animated transitions native to each device, so on my Odin Lite within the Accessibility system settings I turned on "Remove animations". Lo and behold it actually worked! It genuinely fixed the issue, however, the entire device no longer has animated transitions and it feels pretty dang gross.

I essentially have to make a decision on what feels the most ugly to live with. I don't know if this helps with a potential fix at all, but there you have it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2022 at 11:38 AM, Bawnanable said:

Oh man, that's legitimately disappointing...

Thanks so much for checking-in though Jason. I have actually figured out another step to the problem if it helps at the very least.

I went and tested it on the only other Android device I have (Google Pixel 6) and I couldn't replicate the issue at all. Seeing it on a different device got me thinking about the different animated transitions native to each device, so on my Odin Lite within the Accessibility system settings I turned on "Remove animations". Lo and behold it actually worked! It genuinely fixed the issue, however, the entire device no longer has animated transitions and it feels pretty dang gross.

I essentially have to make a decision on what feels the most ugly to live with. I don't know if this helps with a potential fix at all, but there you have it.

Wow, good job sleuthing that out. Can you check the 1.7 release to see if it still has that issue? We did disable some system animations for the LaunchBox app.

• 2 weeks later...