LaunchBox Community Forums

No Video Snaps

Driphyre

I have a Retroid Pocket 2+ and moved the install location to "/storage/sdcard0/Android/Data/com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox/files/" for obvious reasons, limited space. Restarted the app and started to process of importing my systems. However, I am unable to get video snaps from emumovies to download, won't even create a videos folder in the new location. (Yes I am Premium). So I went back to my original install location and downloads work there just fine. I copied the video folder over to the new location and still won't use the videos. I'm wondering if I am doing something wrong?

On 9/13/2022 at 11:36 AM, Driphyre said:

I have a Retroid Pocket 2+ and moved the install location to "/storage/sdcard0/Android/Data/com.unbrokensoftware.launchbox/files/" for obvious reasons, limited space. Restarted the app and started to process of importing my systems. However, I am unable to get video snaps from emumovies to download, won't even create a videos folder in the new location. (Yes I am Premium). So I went back to my original install location and downloads work there just fine. I copied the video folder over to the new location and still won't use the videos. I'm wondering if I am doing something wrong?

Are you getting any errors? How are you trying to download the videos?

I don't have that specific device to test with, so I don't know exactly what might be happening here.

No I'm not getting any errors. Everything works fine and games run fine but when I leave the download videos checked during the process of getting a system installed it doesn't download all the videos. I'm starting to think that it is a bottleneck because the first 10 or so games get videos but then other videos don't show up. I have a feeling it is just taking a long time for the videos to download. I decided to ditch the video option and stick with just screenshots. I may attempt to do this again later.

• 1 month later...

Ok @Jason Carr so I have learned what was keeping me from getting video snaps to download. After painstakingly going through the process of installing launchbox and moving it over to the correct folder on my sd drive. I realized I was "MOVING" the entire folder. I finally tried this again after taking a break but instead of moving it I copied the launchbox folder entirely. Thus giving me a clone on both internal and the SD card and bingo it started to download videos for the location on my SD card. I didn't think I would have to have launchbox on both but I guess so.

Edited by Driphyre

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/2/2022 at 1:26 PM, Driphyre said:

Ok @Jason Carr so I have learned what was keeping me from getting video snaps to download. After painstakingly going through the process of installing launchbox and moving it over to the correct folder on my sd drive. I realized I was "MOVING" the entire folder. I finally tried this again after taking a break but instead of moving it I copied the launchbox folder entirely. Thus giving me a clone on both internal and the SD card and bingo it started to download videos for the location on my SD card. I didn't think I would have to have launchbox on both but I guess so.

Okay, well that's interesting. You definitely shouldn't need a copy of anything on both your SD card and internal storage. What do your LaunchBox settings say for your LaunchBox folder?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I have a huge videosnap video mp4, all with the name of the rom. How can i see videosnap playing in launchbox android? Can i copy them in any folder so launchbox to see them? I don't see anything in options. Can it play videosnaps or not? 

Thanks, 

Edited by Sosimple

9 hours ago, Sosimple said:

Hi. I have a huge videosnap video mp4, all with the name of the rom. How can i see videosnap playing in launchbox android? Can i copy them in any folder so launchbox to see them? I don't see anything in options. Can it play videosnaps or not? 

Thanks, 

Unfortunately right now we don't have a good way to auto-parse videos from files on Android. We didn't implement it that way originally for performance reasons. So the only options right now in order to get videos into the app is to either use the EmuMovies video downloader inside of the app, or export the games and videos from LaunchBox on the desktop.

Is it a planned update to allow importing of the video snaps by parsing them from a folder? If so, what's the priority on this feature?

In the meantime, do you need a windows license to do this import process from the pc? What exactly needs to be created on the pc to feed the android version so that it will find the video snaps?

2 minutes ago, Flyojumper said:

Is it a planned update to allow importing of the video snaps by parsing them from a folder? If so, what's the priority on this feature?

In the meantime, do you need a windows license to do this import process from the pc? What exactly needs to be created on the pc to feed the android version so that it will find the video snaps?

It is a planned update, but I'm not sure on the priority exactly. No license is needed for the Windows app; the free version works fine without any limitations. You'll just need to import the games and videos into the Windows app.