LaunchBox Community Forums

There is a sort of "Friend discount" for a license?

xevious1974

Hi all!

I know that this software is worth each cent of his cost. I love it and I try to support it as I can.

I have a very dear friend, and I'd like to gift him a license. He is on hyperspin, gameex and other frontends but he is not satisfied, and we know, here, that only Launchbox is the best program!

So, I think I have seen in the past a sort of grandfather or friend discount. There is something like that at the moment? 

Sorry for the miserable question.

Regards 

LB FOR EVAHHHH

Only discounts have ever come on Black Friday. The past 7 years of using LB I do not recall any type of grandfather or friends discount. When LB price changed Jason did grandfather licenses purchased before the increase to only be charged the old price when they renew their license. That is the only grandfathering I have seen.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Only discounts have ever come on Black Friday. The past 7 years of using LB I do not recall any type of grandfather or friends discount. When LB price changed Jason did grandfather licenses purchased before the increase to only be charged the old price when they renew their license. That is the only grandfathering I have seen.  

Thank you very much, Retro808.

🥰

To be sure

If I buy a licence for a friend, in the form, I can insert his email and then I insert my Credit Card to pay?

he'll receive the mail with activation or the licence?

I'd like only to be sure that he can have the licence but I can pay for it. (I dont want that he knows what I am doing before I have done it, it's a surprise!)

17 minutes ago, xevious1974 said:

to be honest, what I'd like is:

I pay and I receive the licence, then I prepare a USB with LB installed and with his licence.

Do you think I can do something like that?

You can do this. The purchase will be in your information so it would have your email/name. After you make the purchase email the team and you can ask them to issue the license in his name since it is a gift. They should be able to update the license and send you a new one.

support@unbrokensoftware.com

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

You can do this. The purchase will be in your information so it would have your email/name. After you make the purchase email the team and you can ask them to issue the license in his name since it is a gift. They should be able to update the license and send you a new one.

support@unbrokensoftware.com

Thank you a lot Retro808, and sorry for the questions

☺️