LaunchBox Community Forums

Feature request: Delete ROM at specified path

Eyebrows Cat

11 hours ago, SegaDreamer said:

Do you mean?  deleting the rom file from within Launchbox when deleting the game from your library?

I second this (as an option), i have over a thousand arcade games and this would make it much easier to clear them out rather than removing from the library and then finding the rom and then deleting. 

The only ROMs that can be deleted from Launchbox's library are those located in Launchbox's default path.
I'm requesting the ability to remove ROMs placed in paths other than the default path from the Launchbox library.
This feature exists in the desktop version of Launchbox, but not in the android version.
(This is the android version of the forum)

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 9/21/2022 at 1:15 AM, Eyebrows Cat said:

The only ROMs that can be deleted from Launchbox's library are those located in Launchbox's default path.
I'm requesting the ability to remove ROMs placed in paths other than the default path from the Launchbox library.
This feature exists in the desktop version of Launchbox, but not in the android version.
(This is the android version of the forum)

Sorry where is the Launchbox's default path?

1 hour ago, faeran said:

By default, you'll find a LaunchBox folder on the root of your internal storage.

I mean by default where the roms should be to ensure that in the android version if I delete a game directly from the launchbox the respective roms are also automatically deleted. I understand that it only happens if you use the default roms path... but I don't know which one it is ...can you help me ?

1 hour ago, Phella said:

I mean by default where the roms should be to ensure that in the android version if I delete a game directly from the launchbox the respective roms are also automatically deleted. I understand that it only happens if you use the default roms path... but I don't know which one it is ...can you help me ?

Inside of that folder, in a subfolders called Games\[platform name]

54 minutes ago, faeran said:

Inside of that folder, in a subfolders called Games\[platform name]

thanks for your help....do platforms have to have a specific name? for example for the Wii Do I have to put a specific name "Nintendo Wii" or just "Wii"? Thanks again for the support

I tried in every way to create the games folder and then the platform but when I delete the game from the LauchBox the rom physically remains in my Odin..I give up...it was convenient to keep everything clean without going through the file manager... I hope for an implementation in the future that allows you to permanently delete the rom when you delete the game.

Thanks for your interest

3 hours ago, Phella said:

thanks for your help....do platforms have to have a specific name? for example for the Wii Do I have to put a specific name "Nintendo Wii" or just "Wii"? Thanks again for the support

It's best to keep names the way that you see them in LaunchBox for best results, so in your example it would be Nintendo Wii.

3 hours ago, Phella said:

I tried in every way to create the games folder and then the platform but when I delete the game from the LauchBox the rom physically remains in my Odin..I give up...it was convenient to keep everything clean without going through the file manager... I hope for an implementation in the future that allows you to permanently delete the rom when you delete the game.

Thanks for your interest

LaunchBox for Android only has the ability to delete games on an entire platform basis. You would have to select a platform and choose delete, then one of the option that will be asked is if you want to delete all the games. Per-game deletion is not currently a thing. I could see us adding it some time in the future, but it would be one of those features that could cause a lot of harm to a user's library if we don't do it properly.

9 hours ago, faeran said:

It's best to keep names the way that you see them in LaunchBox for best results, so in your example it would be Nintendo Wii.

LaunchBox for Android only has the ability to delete games on an entire platform basis. You would have to select a platform and choose delete, then one of the option that will be asked is if you want to delete all the games. Per-game deletion is not currently a thing. I could see us adding it some time in the future, but it would be one of those features that could cause a lot of harm to a user's library if we don't do it properly.

Thanks again for your availability. The function of being able to delete roms is very important for those who have many sets to test with many roms. Maybe it could be an idea to put a checkbox in the settings that enables or disables the possibility of deleting the roms permanently when you decide to delete a game in Launchbox 🙂 That would be great !!!!

• Like 1