LaunchBox Community Forums

MS-Windows Root Folder field auto populated for all games

Bodine Grunch

Running 12-15-beta 4. I'm a little short on specifics because I can't tell exactly when this happened. Have been going through stacks of old Windows CD games and installing them, then adding them to Launch Box. As you would expect a lot of problems along the way just getting them to run so I make sure they're running first before I add them to launchbox. Somewhere my launchbox games began failing. At first I only noticed it in one game so I thought it was and isolated problem. Turns out it's more strange than that. ALL of my MS-Windows games have added the directory in theit application path to the Root Folder field. They were all blank and now they're all populated by the corresponding root path (minus the game name and extension). I can't tell you how it happened. The only thing out of the ordinary I noticed was that one of the games ran VBrun60.exe and there were problems. I don't know why that would cause launchbox to populate the root directory field but I figured it was something I ought to pass along. I have no idea whether there are other problems waiting to pop up that might be related to this.

Edited by Bodine Grunch

On 9/20/2022 at 9:31 PM, Bodine Grunch said:

Running 12-15-beta 4. I'm a little short on specifics because I can't tell exactly when this happened. Have been going through stacks of old Windows CD games and installing them, then adding them to Launch Box. As you would expect a lot of problems along the way just getting them to run so I make sure they're running first before I add them to launchbox. Somewhere my launchbox games began failing. At first I only noticed it in one game so I thought it was and isolated problem. Turns out it's more strange than that. ALL of my MS-Windows games have added the directory in theit application path to the Root Folder field. They were all blank and now they're all populated by the corresponding root path (minus the game name and extension). I can't tell you how it happened. The only thing out of the ordinary I noticed was that one of the games ran VBrun60.exe and there were problems. I don't know why that would cause launchbox to populate the root directory field but I figured it was something I ought to pass along. I have no idea whether there are other problems waiting to pop up that might be related to this.

Unfortunately there's a bit too much here to really pin down. You're saying that the application path field contains the root folder field's value?