LaunchBox Community Forums

Platforms Order - Launchbox Android

AugustxSecond

I'm having trouble understanding how Launchbox on Android is ordering my platforms. They are currently listed as ordered:

1. Nintendo 64
  2. NES
  3. GB
  4. GBA
  5. DC
  6. GENESIS
  7. SATURN
  8. NeoGeo
  9. Playstation
  10. PSP
  11. Super Nintendo

I'd like to have them ordered by release date (oldest to newest), but I can't figure out how to do this in Launchbox Android.

I've been able to order them as desired on Launchbox Windows--is there no such option in Launchbox Android? Thank you!

4 hours ago, AugustxSecond said:

I'm having trouble understanding how Launchbox on Android is ordering my platforms. They are currently listed as ordered:

1. Nintendo 64
  2. NES
  3. GB
  4. GBA
  5. DC
  6. GENESIS
  7. SATURN
  8. NeoGeo
  9. Playstation
  10. PSP
  11. Super Nintendo

I'd like to have them ordered by release date (oldest to newest), but I can't figure out how to do this in Launchbox Android.

I've been able to order them as desired on Launchbox Windows--is there no such option in Launchbox Android? Thank you!

It uses the Sort Title. Hold down on one of the platforms to bring up the platform menu, the select Edit Metadata. Then find Sort Title. Change them all to release year, and you'll get the sorting you want.

Thanks, @faeran! Long-pressing one of the platforms does bring up a platform menu on my device, but the only options are as follows:

• Show Games
  • Filter
  • Edit Media
  • Emulator Settings
  • Delete

The Edit Metadata doesn't appear for me in this context menu. Do I need to be in a specific view? I am in the Main > Platforms > Wheel view right now.

I'm trying to update to the current beta to see if that has it.

7 minutes ago, AugustxSecond said:

Thanks, @faeran! Long-pressing one of the platforms does bring up a platform menu on my device, but the only options are as follows:

• Show Games
  • Filter
  • Edit Media
  • Emulator Settings
  • Delete

The Edit Metadata doesn't appear for me in this context menu. Do I need to be in a specific view? I am in the Main > Platforms > Wheel view right now.

I'm trying to update to the current beta to see if that has it.

That's right, you'll need to be on the latest beta for this feature.

• Like 1