LaunchBox Community Forums

When you mark a game for deletion in the database, how long does it typically take?

Fugus

When I was adding a missing game, I messed up and a half finished one was posted here
https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/165645

I completed it here:
https://gamesdb.launchbox-app.com/games/details/165646

And marked the old one for deletion, it got approved days ago but still hasn't been deleted yet. How long does that typically take?

Much appreciated. I did it before and it was approved, guessing I messed up doing it somehow then.

Been going through and trying to fill out any entries I see for games I have that aren't added yet. I might not be able to add all the good artwork, but just getting the name, data and hopefully the main image correct is at least a starting point that others can build off of and prevent the games from being marked as something else by accident as easily

• Like 1

On 9/28/2022 at 2:41 PM, xevious1974 said:

it was not marked for deletion from what I can see.

So I have marked it. Let's wait to see.

Anyway you can help moderating to speed up the process

Was it approved on your end? Maybe they only delete entries once a week or something?

Edit: And on the bright side, I think I might have either added all or near all of the missing US Wii U games to the database and added some missing cover art to a few others. That stuff gets tedious. Might not be the best quality artwork but low quality is still better than nothing at all.

Edited by Fugus

On 9/30/2022 at 12:50 AM, Fugus said:

Was it approved on your end? Maybe they only delete entries once a week or something?

I see the game. Maybe you are right, it'll happen soon

On 9/30/2022 at 12:50 AM, Fugus said:

Edit: And on the bright side, I think I might have either added all or near all of the missing US Wii U games to the database and added some missing cover art to a few others. That stuff gets tedious. Might not be the best quality artwork but low quality is still better than nothing at all.

I totally agree. We have time to improve quality but meanwhile something is better than nothing.

• 3 weeks later...