LaunchBox Community Forums

cant open launchbox or bigbox

GamerKeags_YT

Can you provide a little more information on how you have LaunchBox and BigBox installed and configured?

For example, do you have a single drive with everything installed on it? Network drives? Which operating system/device is this for? Have you tried any troubleshooting such as reinstalling over your current install?

15 hours ago, Saieno said:

Can you provide a little more information on how you have LaunchBox and BigBox installed and configured?

For example, do you have a single drive with everything installed on it? Network drives? Which operating system/device is this for? Have you tried any troubleshooting such as reinstalling over your current install?

Will that delete all my games and I have it all on one drive 

Edited by GamerKeags_YT

1 hour ago, GamerKeags_YT said:

Will that delete all my games and I have it all on one drive 

Did you check your antivirus like I mentioned. Before doing anything I would check that first. It has been an issue as of late for users. 

If it did quarantine then add an exception for LaunchBox. You may need to then reinstall LB but doing so will not delete anything. Just go into your \Updates folder and run the latest version. Make sure you confirm it does not try to install to a secondary folder. Look at the path it is installing to and make sure if does not show \Launchbox\Launchbox. It should only be \Launchbox. 

42 minutes ago, Retro808 said:

Did you check your antivirus like I mentioned. Before doing anything I would check that first. It has been an issue as of late for users. 

If it did quarantine add an exception for LaunchBox. You made need to then reinstall LB but doing so will not delete anything. Just go into your \Updates folder and run the latest version. Make sure you confirm it does not try to install to a secondary folder. Look at the path it is installing to and make sure if does not show \Launchbox\Launchbox. It should only be \Launchbox. 

Ok when I get home I will try your tricks

23 hours ago, Retro808 said:

If it did quarantine then add an exception for LaunchBox. You may need to then reinstall LB but doing so will not delete anything. Just go into your \Updates folder and run the latest version. Make sure you confirm it does not try to install to a secondary folder. Look at the path it is installing to and make sure if does not show \Launchbox\Launchbox. It should only be \Launchbox. 

Thanks so much