LaunchBox Community Forums

Images folder size

davidgrohl

Few things you can do is to only download the image groups that you want to use, and to turn on the media limit option to only download one image per image group.

But just to set expectations, LaunchBox has about 9 image groups, and a MAME fullset with default import settings will net you just under 3k games. Let's say each image you download averages around 500Kb, and you only get 1 image for each image group, that would be 9x0.5x3000 = 13.5GB of images.

3 hours ago, davidgrohl said:

Thanks guys. Just a question: I want to use Big Box Unified theme: which image groups I have to download?

In my experience, it's a bit of a preference and can depend a bit on the theme you want to use. I haven't used Unified much myself but I like to grab BoxFront, BoxBack, Clear Logo, Fanart Background, Cart Front, Disc, and Banner. For certain themes and views, gameplay screenshots are also handy to grab. (For example wall views that make use of screenshot images overlayed with clear logos). You might also prefer to have 3D box images over flat box front images. 

Banners are only really needed if you need a marquee image, so you could probably axe that pick if that's not something your theme needs.

Honestly, it might be best to take two or three of your games and experiment with them before doing the whole library. Once you have those setup just how you like you'll know exactly what you need to grab.

• Like 1