LaunchBox Community Forums

Is it possible to import from Steam DB?

Vippy_man

You can manually add images you get from their website to LaunchBox but at this time we do not have the ability to scrape the website from them in-app. We've been asked not to pursue such a feature until they complete their upcoming API update and we are respecting their wishes.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'd like an update too. Hate to say it, but I don't see Big Box as a good launcher of Steam games without this. Your library just looks so damn barren without the amazing graphics from that site. Heck, I consider it a vital plugin for anybody with a Steam Deck and a collection of more than just popular mainstream games.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Last I knew Zenn (the individual running the show over there) has asked that we NOT implement them as a scrape source for now. Until that changes I'm not sure we'd be willing to add it. I personally would love to add it as I use it pretty extensively, but if a site doesn't want us doing it I'm not sure it's worth the hassle doing it anyway when we could just get DMCA'd to have it taken out.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, C-Beats said:

Last I knew Zenn (the individual running the show over there) has asked that we NOT implement them as a scrape source for now. Until that changes I'm not sure we'd be willing to add it. I personally would love to add it as I use it pretty extensively, but if a site doesn't want us doing it I'm not sure it's worth the hassle doing it anyway when we could just get DMCA'd to have it taken out.

Have you guys reached out recently ?  Just curious as this is literally the only thing holding me from using only LB. Also, could it be implemented via plugin?

On 8/9/2024 at 7:13 PM, Uplink said:

Have you guys reached out recently ?  Just curious as this is literally the only thing holding me from using only LB. Also, could it be implemented via plugin?

I'm not sure when last contact with them was as that's typically handled by some one other than myself. Yes, it's possible some one could make a plugin that does it.