LaunchBox Community Forums

Change screenshot image for game in image group

fazmeister

Apologies if this has been discussed but there were 60 pages just when i searched for "image".

Withing the image group section I've been trying to understand how launchbox is picking the image to be displayed for each game. For eg in 1942 I have the following when I go to image group / screenshots

image.png.17e4bf86a7542def266aa5064903b768.png

I would like to change it to this which is 18/22 in the 1942 image section

image.thumb.png.e557ae61769da50be2e62818068f6185.png

Is there a way to do this with file manipulation as there are loads of folders in the images area and Its hard to see where it's picking images from to display

image.thumb.png.b323cf9dc8210764f75a86f39f0bd786.png

Thanks in advance

Dave

12 minutes ago, fazmeister said:

Apologies if this has been discussed but there were 60 pages just when i searched for "image".

Withing the image group section I've been trying to understand how launchbox is picking the image to be displayed for each game. For eg in 1942 I have the following when I go to image group / screenshots

image.png.17e4bf86a7542def266aa5064903b768.png

I would like to change it to this which is 18/22 in the 1942 image section

image.thumb.png.e557ae61769da50be2e62818068f6185.png

Is there a way to do this with file manipulation as there are loads of folders in the images area and Its hard to see where it's picking images from to display

image.thumb.png.b323cf9dc8210764f75a86f39f0bd786.png

Thanks in advance

Dave

LaunchBox uses Screenshot Image Priorities to determine what image types it tries to display. You can find this list under Tools > Options > Media > Screenshot Priorities

It sounds like you want LaunchBox to try and use the Screenshot - Gameplay image type before the Screenshot - Game Title. So, you would move the Screenshot - Gameplay to the top of the priority list.

4 hours ago, fazmeister said:

Thanks, 

I tried that to no effect, even deleted the Screenshot - Title folder and they still appear, anything else you can think of ?

Regards Dave

Sounds like you may have forgot to refresh your image cache.

You can either:

• Highlight all your games (CTRL+A), and hitting F5 to refresh
  • Or click on: View > Media > Refresh All Images