LaunchBox Community Forums

UCEERR_RENDERTHREADFAILURE

mjccox

Been getting this error in the background of CEMU opened through BigBox. When I click it, another one pops up in its place. I have checked and my drivers are up to date. Any help would be appreciated.

UCEERR_RENDERTHREADFAILURE (0x88980406)

App:     Big Box
Version: 12.16
Type:    System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException
Site:    Void SyncFlush()
Source:  PresentationCore

at System.Windows.Media.Composition.DUCE.Channel.SyncFlush()
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowSettings(Boolean enableRenderTarget, Nullable`1 channelSet)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.UpdateWindowPos(IntPtr lParam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndTarget.HandleMessage(WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
   at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.HwndTargetFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

Recent Log:

5:02:40 PM Exception

This error is thrown when Big Box's render engine gives the instructions to your GPU and the GPU returns an error code. Typically this is caused by bad video drivers, though sometimes can be caused by fullscreen exclusive applications interacting badly with other applications. First I would just try to repair your system by running command prompt as administrator and typing "/sfc scannow" (without quotes) and letting that run, then restarting your computer. If that doesn't work, you could try checking Cemu to see if it's running as full screen window or fullscreen exclusive (not really sure what it's options are). If running in exclusive you could try to swap to fullscreen window and see if that resolves the issue.

1 hour ago, C-Beats said:

This error is thrown when Big Box's render engine gives the instructions to your GPU and the GPU returns an error code. Typically this is caused by bad video drivers, though sometimes can be caused by fullscreen exclusive applications interacting badly with other applications. First I would just try to repair your system by running command prompt as administrator and typing "/sfc scannow" (without quotes) and letting that run, then restarting your computer. If that doesn't work, you could try checking Cemu to see if it's running as full screen window or fullscreen exclusive (not really sure what it's options are). If running in exclusive you could try to swap to fullscreen window and see if that resolves the issue.

Thanks for the reply. I'm typing "/sfc scannow" and get the message "/sfc is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Do I have to be in a certain folder? 

In the mangrove I'll check Cemu fullscreen settings now. Cheers! 

1 hour ago, mjccox said:

Thanks for the reply. I'm typing "/sfc scannow" and get the message "/sfc is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Do I have to be in a certain folder? 

In the mangrove I'll check Cemu fullscreen settings now. Cheers! 

Posted too early in the morning. Coffee wasn't working yet. The command should be "sfc /scannow" (without quotes) not what I had originally typed. My apologies

On 11/7/2022 at 10:50 AM, C-Beats said:

Posted too early in the morning. Coffee wasn't working yet. The command should be "sfc /scannow" (without quotes) not what I had originally typed. My apologies

Awesome thanks! I tried it and some corrupt files were repaired. Hopefully that does it. If not there is a plugin or tool or something I can try that can make cemu full screen windowed. Not an option in Cemu for some reason. 

Thanks again! 

Good morning. I just got the error again. First time playing since I did the scan. Maybe I'll check over at the Cemu discord for a way to run in borderless window. The tool I thought would work isn't automate-able. 

I ended up finding a tool that makes Cemu run in a borderless window (called "Borderless Gaming"). Still getting the error though. It's strange. It doesn't happen everytime. Almost always on extended play times. But occasionally even after short play times. The only way to get rid of the error is to Ctrl+alt+del and end the Big Box process.

• 4 weeks later...