LaunchBox Community Forums

Is it possible to set a preferred box front?

rayman30

Hi,

I am scraping images and videos from both Launchbox DB and Emumovies. I usually prefer Launchbox images during an import.

Sometimes the box front art is nicer on Emumovies and I would like to switch to that one. Is there a way to tell Launchbox I prefer the Emumovies version and lock that decision?

Now I delete the Launchbox version so I only have the Emumovies version, but if I rescan the roms (for whatever reason) the deleted box front gets re-downloaded and set as default for the game.

I would really like to tell Launchbox I prefer the other version and keep it set.

Deleting the image should be good enough. When you use the Download Metadata and Media wizard, you have the option to only download 1 image per image group, you also have the option to not replace any existing fields or media. With these options, it would not re-download another box front image if you already have one.