LaunchBox Community Forums

I only want to see found/installed arcade games (and other quibbles)

shapeshifter

So after many wasted hours of trying to use Retroarch on Shield with an external USB drive, I discover Launchbox and it works!

A couple of problems though. It kept crashing when trying to import my Mame collection so I created a dummy folder with just a handful of zips to test. It imported these fine, but on choosing the arcade option, it seems to show me every possible mame game. I've found the filters option, but there doesn't seem to be anything to just show what was found (even though the import page shows me a list of what it's found before asking me to proceed).

The other thing is the 100 game limit. I have no problems with this until I buy a license, but again, instead of limiting me to the first 100 games I have installed, it just seems to show the first 100 possible mame games (doesn't even get to the 'B`s'!). I imagine the limit is global, but other than those 4 or 5 mame games I only have 4 android games showing and nothing else.

I did manage to get my main folder imported, but it is nowhere near a complete mame collection, so I would still want a filter to found option. I used to use front-ends like Mame 32 and Mame UI back in the day, and 'show all', 'show found' etc. was standard stuff on any of those.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2022 at 2:28 PM, shapeshifter said:

So after many wasted hours of trying to use Retroarch on Shield with an external USB drive, I discover Launchbox and it works!

A couple of problems though. It kept crashing when trying to import my Mame collection so I created a dummy folder with just a handful of zips to test. It imported these fine, but on choosing the arcade option, it seems to show me every possible mame game. I've found the filters option, but there doesn't seem to be anything to just show what was found (even though the import page shows me a list of what it's found before asking me to proceed).

The other thing is the 100 game limit. I have no problems with this until I buy a license, but again, instead of limiting me to the first 100 games I have installed, it just seems to show the first 100 possible mame games (doesn't even get to the 'B`s'!). I imagine the limit is global, but other than those 4 or 5 mame games I only have 4 android games showing and nothing else.

I did manage to get my main folder imported, but it is nowhere near a complete mame collection, so I would still want a filter to found option. I used to use front-ends like Mame 32 and Mame UI back in the day, and 'show all', 'show found' etc. was standard stuff on any of those.

Thanks @shapeshifter; we've chosen to only allow importing entire MAME sets because of the complications with how files inside of MAME sets work. Depending on the type of set that you have, it may or may not work to pick and choose different files. So generally, we only recommend importing whole sets, which is why things work the way they do.