LaunchBox Community Forums

Auto populate is buggy

Rob_G

I've been trying to create a playlist that will auto populate cooperative/simultaneous player games.  I'm working in Launchbox.

At some point when auto populate is enabled and I've been using 'contains at least one of', the playlist will stop populating correctly.  For example, it will show genre matching cooperative, but not simultaneous.  If I change it to just show simultaneous, it still only shows genre matching cooperative.  Exiting and reloading launchbox had no effect on making the playlist work correctly.

The only fix seems to be to turn off the auto populate then turn it back on.  I don't use 'contains at least one of' any more - I think that is where the problem lies, but I am not sure.

It's too bad platform parent was not one of the criteria for auto populate.  I have several Arcade game platforms under the platform category Arcade and I cannot easily make a playlist that includes games from all the child platforms within.

Rob 

Edited by Rob_G

So I caved in and created a non auto populating playlist of co-op games.  There's a few I need to remove because the got past my filter seach, but then I discovered if I try to use the remove game from playlist menu option, that doesn't remove the playlist (in BigBox)

edit: The game only appears removed after exiting and re-launching BigBox.

Rob

Edited by Rob_G

More issues found with auto populate.

Setting auto populate to 'genre equals adventure' also includes games where the genre includes other tags like action for example.  It appears to be impossible to include Adventure, but exclude Action.  If you try, you don't get the results you want. 

Are the results from auto populate permanently added to the playlist?  That's a behavior I am seeing now.  Which isn't ideal if you change the autopopulate fields because games that no longer match will still be in your playlist.  

I guess until Launchbox has AND, OR, NOT in the auto filter, it's going to be rather limited.

Rob

Edited by Rob_G

The way auto-populate works is that comparisons of different fields are combined with AND logic, comparisons of the same field are combined with OR logic. This is why when you did Genre is equal to Adventure as well as Genre is not equal to Action you got all your games selected.

• 7 months later...

Older post, I know, but new to LB and I'm having the exact same problem.  I agree with the OP.  We should be able to select AND or OR on each condition.  Also, the available conditions should include "Starts with"/"Doesn't Start with", and probably also "Ends with"/"Doesn't End with".  I'm trying to build an auto-populate playlist that also seems impossible to do.

Actually, the playlist I'm trying to create would work if I could do "Starts with" instead of "Contains".

Has this ever been officially requested as a feature enhancement?  Should I submit one?

Edited by Zaphod54