LaunchBox Community Forums

LB 13 .Net Core does not download during installation

mark928s

I tried to install LB 13 and installation gets to the end and a dialog box asks"....you must install .Net Core. Would you like to download it now?" I click yes, but nothing happens, the box vanishes and that's it. I tried starting LB or BB by going to the directory I installed them in and the same dialog box appears. Neither is under installed programs to uninstall anymore either.

I'm running the latest version of Windows 11 and have never had a problem with LB and BB until now.

Can anyone please help?

Thank you

Typically this is because of corrupted system files in your operating system. To resolve the issue do the following:

Run command prompt as administrator and then type the command "sfc /scannow" (without quotes) and let it run, then restart your computer.
After you come back run the installer again.

If that doesn't correct you may need to manually uninstall the runtimes and then manually install them again. If you get to this point and need help just ask and we can get you steps to do that as well.

Go to Add/Remove Programs. Look for an entry labeled "Microsoft Windows Desktop Runtime - 3.1..." (there is probably a third number, depending on what you do or don't have installed. If that exists select it and remove it then restart your computer before moving onto the next step.

Go here and download the .NET Desktop Runtime 3.1.31 (you want the x64 installer). Once downloaded run that setup, restart your computer again and you should be good to go.

Thank you very much, it worked. 

I wanted to share the issue on here if anyone else has this problem. When I searched for the Runtime it was version 6.0.11 That's a huge leap from 3.1... So I did more investigating and PowerToys required that high runtime.I uninstalled PowerToys and The Runtime 6.0.11, restarted, installed what you said, restarted and installed LB and no issues at all. 

Thank you for your quick and knowledgeable help!

net core 6.jpg

20 hours ago, mark928s said:

Thank you very much, it worked. 

I wanted to share the issue on here if anyone else has this problem. When I searched for the Runtime it was version 6.0.11 That's a huge leap from 3.1... So I did more investigating and PowerToys required that high runtime.I uninstalled PowerToys and The Runtime 6.0.11, restarted, installed what you said, restarted and installed LB and no issues at all. 

Thank you for your quick and knowledgeable help!

net core 6.jpg

Thanks Mate -- uninstalling PowerToys and the .net 6.x Runtime helped.

- Uninstalled PowerToys and 6.x Runtime
- Installed Launchbox 13.0 and 3.1.x Runtime
- Re-installed PowerToys

All is working well now.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...