LaunchBox Community Forums

2 controllers 1 input?

LHensh

Hi all,

Is it possible to have two controllers mapped to the same source in RetroArch and other emulators?

I am using an arcade cab and will mostly play using joystick and buttons, however would also like to have an Xbox controller mapped to the same player should I wish to play certain games with that.

If this is possible would one need to be disabled/activated to be able to play or could I use either straight away and start playing?

Thanks

Sure. In the Retroarch Quick Menu in the Input section, you can map controller to the same console port.

Other emulators allow it as well. Altirra for Atari 5200/800 makes it easy and the standalone Flycast emulator does as well. It makes things quite flexible. I have some games using my flightstick, trackball, and cabinet buttons all for a single user.