LaunchBox Community Forums

Bezels downloading to retroarch but not loaded with game? struggling here-

MazJohn [Mr Arcade]

I have 2 platforms that have Bezels downloaded into retroarch using launchbox, but they are not getting mapped when the game is loaded. How do I troubleshoot this? Not sure what to look for or what would cause certain platform bezels to download but not map... Neo-Geo CD is one in particular- and its using the standard FB-neo core which works fine with other platforms.  I did a fresh install of Retroarch but still having the same issues. Appreciate any support or ideas.  Does it have something to do with how the platform is named? I tried renaming the platform but that didn't work. Bezels are not getting picked up for some platforms still - Thanks much, tia.

You need to verify that the bezels WERE downloaded, that they were placed for the same emulator you're running, and that the game in question is named the same (filename without extension) as the bezel file. There are also some RetroArch configuration settings that would potentially disable the bezel as well.

Thanks C-beats - Much appreciate: Please see this through...   I can confirm The bezel folder does exist in Retroarch>Overlays>GameBezels, and I can also confirm that the bezel images are all correct for each game.

For example, below: The game has 2 files within... a cfg file and a png file

overlays = 1

overlay0_overlay = "World Heroes 2 Jet (Japan).png"

overlay0_full_screen = true

overlay0_descs = 0

---------------------

Inside the platform, in the game launching screen for the same game above, here is the loading path:

Games\SNK Neo Geo CD\World Heroes 2 Jet (Japan) (En,Ja)\World Heroes 2 Jet (Japan) (En,Ja).cue

*** I am using .cue files to load the game, but I do see the file name is different in the loading screen. 

I am scraping metadata by folder name (since each BIN/cue is in its own folder).  Do i need to delete the platform and re-add it using the launchbox default names? 

In summary, i assume the issue is being caused by incorrectly matched files names.    Do I manually need to rename each file or just use the default names for each game when adding the platform? What is the best way to fix name mismatch for a platform causing bezels not to map properly?

Thanks again.

Thanks C-Beats-   So yes, the issue is that the names do not match. The names in the cfg are different than the actual file name for the entire set.   Is there a list with proper naming conventions posted in the Bezel project that I can use to manually rename my set?  I dont see any other way to fix this.

I deleted and re-added the entire platform, but I dont think the Bezel project is using the launchbox file name-  I think the bezel project is using the proper expected file name of the rom. I tried renaming the file name inside the cfg but that still didnt work.  - this is rough.... If only Launchbox could automatically re-map when names mismatch it would be such a relief.

LaunchBox should be renaming the cfg files to match your rom name. When doing so it it's done for the games main application path and I don't believe we created cfg's for alternate applications so changing which app is primary would break the config and require you to run the wizard again.

So, is this a bug in Launch-box or an issue with my install?  At this point I've already re-installed a new copy of retroarch, wiped and re-added the entire platform, re-scraped all media and bezels for the platform, but this issue still exists. My platform for neo geo CD is named "SNK Neo Geo CD" ...  which seems to be the default. I am using the 13.0 final release of Launchbox/ Bigbox.

I would rather have no Bezels being used at all, rather than have inconsistency between platforms, so not sure what my path is moving forward...  but THANK you for taking your time to respond and try to help.

• Like 1